Background

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

This & That

It's a snowy day here in the Shenandoah Valley - technically it's an icy day. It's been coming down all day long. It's beautiful and frustrating all in one because I would like to go out and get some shopping done, however, the roads are terrible. 

Of course, snow and ice makes for a great photo op and I can't pass that up!



Brody, the Boxer, thinks the frozen tundra that is our backyard, is exceptionally fun!

 

As of yesterday, I found out that I'm going to be pretty busy in the upcoming year. My cousin had a business proposition for us to do a Christmas bazaar next year. She'll be making some hymnal angels - see below - and I'll be making some coasters, magnets, cards and some other exciting things that I can't wait to share with everyone!


Pretty cute, huh?!  

I also am going to start doing a gratitude journal made out of this old book that I bought at a local thrift store for $3.00. 


Sorry for the non-rotated photo. Anyway, the book is a navy blue color with a nice monogram on the front. I can't wait to start but I probably need to invest in some new printer ink so my pictures aren't a total nightmare.

Today, while watching the frozen stuff fall out of the sky, I followed a tutorial from splitcoaststampers.com to make small boxes.


The best thing about these little boxes is that they are made to fit Ghirardelli chocolate squares perfectly.  Now that's my kind of box! The ones that I made need a little dressing up but they are still cute for a party favor or as a small gift for the chocolate lover in your life. 

So, keep your eyes open for something new and for the new year I'm going to try to keep everyone updated a little bit more often about what's going on with Just Darlin'!

I hope everyone had a great Christmas and Santa brought everything that you wanted. He was great to me!

...until next time...

-Sam











No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave love and feedback. If you have something nice to say, say it here. If you don't, go somewhere else.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...