Background

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Dust and Crab Leg Shells

Okay, so yesterday was the much anticipated craft show. After all of the hype on Facebook, excitement and nervousness - it was a complete flop. The event wasn't at all what I was expecting. It was more of a yard sale/flea market thing. People just brought their junk, threw it on a table and put .25 cents on a set of salt and pepper shakers out of their garage. Basically, it was a bunch of men going around buying dust. A lot of men and a lot of dusty stuff. Men don't really buy cards or coasters or jewelry. However, I did have one guy buy my set of of camo magnets to put on his gun safe. He is the exception and I thank him. 

Even though I didn't sell a whole lot, I'm thankful for the experience. There were lessons learned and things I know for the next craft show. These pictures are of my table and you can sort of see what my cousin had set up on the other side. She faired pretty well and sold some of her hymnal angels. People really seemed to like those. I can't say that I blame them, they're cute!


Coaster and pendants...


Cards! You can even see how I had my table decorated for Easter.


So, what do I do now that this experience is over? Do I keep cranking out more cards and coasters for the next bazaar or show that may come up? Do I take a break for a while and just do my own thing? We will see....

However, after a not so successful show we went to dinner at Joe's Crab Shack near D.C. Here's the picture to prove it...


So, I guess yesterday wasn't all that bad of a day! I did make money and I got to eat some yummy seafood. There's always a silver lining to the cloud...even if it that cloud is covered in dust and leftover crab leg shells.

....until next time...

-Sam





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave love and feedback. If you have something nice to say, say it here. If you don't, go somewhere else.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...