Background

Sunday, August 18, 2013

No-Kink Hair Ties

I have curly, thick, sometimes unruly hair and I alway carry a hair tie on my wrist or in my purse. I've finally joined the bandwagon on these no-kink hair ties made out of elastic. I love them!! They also look great on your wrist - they make a cute bracelet as well!

I have a ton made so far. They are an easy and fun thing to do while watching TV. In my case, I was watching some of the first season of Friends. I have to say that I've never really watched that show until now. A really good friend of mine let me borrow the complete first season and it's kind of addicting. I will be watching more today because it's a rainy Sunday. I love rainy Sundays!

The only problem that I have with this project is the elastic is kind of tricky to find. I couldn't find any at Michael's. Hobby Lobby has it in the hair accessories section and Joann's has it tucked away in the sewing section in the back corner of the store.



You really don't have to follow a tutorial to make these but if you do, I used this one. If you know how to tie a knot and use a lighter, it's easy peasy. If you are going to try and make them, I recommend cutting the elastic at 9" intervals.

I plan on packaging and selling these on Facebook in my Just Darlin' store and also at upcoming craft shows. 

Enjoy your Sunday and have fun making these awesome hair accessories!

...until next time...

-Sam 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave love and feedback. If you have something nice to say, say it here. If you don't, go somewhere else.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...