Background

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

It's the simple things...

I think this phrase applies to a lot of things in life. Some people have nice cars, huge homes and a lot of money but at the end of the day it's the simple things that really make you happy. I know I don't have any of these things but life is about being with your family at the end of the day and waking up knowing that you are healthy and loved.

I think this phrase also applies to scrapbooking as well. I know that a lot of the times I want to pile on a lot of embellishments on layouts, cards, etc. I also wanted to do that to the frame that I just finished a couple of days ago. I kept rearranging flowers and this one little metal sticker that said "love." It really didn't have a spot and I didn't like the way the flowers were being arranged at all. It was then that I decided to take start with a clean slate. Thank goodness nothing was glued down so all I had to do was just take everything off that I had put on to "visualize."

Finally, I gathered some twine, one yellow brad and one of the white flower that I was working with earlier. I tied the twine in a bow, made the flower look like a daisy with the yellow brad....TA DA! It turned out to be such a simple change from what I wanted it to look like before with all the bells and whistles.

It's such a simple frame but I think that sometimes simpler is better.
Products used: Wooden frame purchased from Michael's, Tim Holtz's Fired Brick Crackle Paint, Twine, Recollections White Paper Flower, Brad

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave love and feedback. If you have something nice to say, say it here. If you don't, go somewhere else.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...