Background

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

A Tutorial: The Makings of a Button Bracelet

Happy Mardi Gras, everyone! This post has absolutely nothing to do with Mardi Gras. I thought it would be nice to greet you in a different way today. I just wanted to make you aware in case you were hoping for a little Mardi Gras action.

So, on to what I'm really here to talk about and that is the button bracelets that I've been making. I'm so addicted to making these little fashion accessories. I don't have to set up in my scrapbook room, where I'm isolated from the rest of the world, to make them. I can watch TV and make them at the same time.

Here's a list of things you need:
1. chain (I found mine at WalMart for about $4 or $5 in the jewelry aisle.)
2. buttons (you can use buttons you already have but if you have a huge amount of buttons and don't feel like looking through 50,000 of them, I recommend going to Joann Fabrics and purchasing new buttons. They have a great selection.)
3. jump rings - 6mm to be exact
4. lobster claws (No, not the kind you eat but the clasp part of the bracelet)
5. needlenose pliers (these babies are going to be your best friend)



How to:
1. Make your chain the appropriate length so that it fits around your wrist comfortably. Use your pliers to separate the chain. If you have an easier way of doing this please let me know because it is a little tricky.
2. Attach lobster claw clasp with a jump ring to the chain
3. Start attaching buttons with the jump rings on to the chain and continue until you have reached the end of the chain. Do not add buttons 3 or 4 links from the end of the chain. The bracelet will be difficult to put on by yourself. I recommend using smaller buttons. It just looks better but do what you like. If you would like to use larger buttons you need to get larger jump rings.
4. Add a jump ring to the very last link of the bracelet. The lobster claw clasp will attach to this jump ring.
5. Enjoy your new bracelet!

I hope this tutorial works for you and I explained everything the best that I could. If you have any questions, please let me know.

I hope everyone is having a great Tuesday. If you are celebrating Mardi Gras, be safe!

-Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave love and feedback. If you have something nice to say, say it here. If you don't, go somewhere else.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...