Background

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Greeting Card Goodness

just darlin' got it's start by making greeting cards and I've definitely been slacking in that department. It seems that's what the people want and you can't run a miniscule business by not listening to the people. You gotta keep the people happy. 

So, while hockey and the NFL Draft has taken over the TV by the significant other, I have been in my scrappy space making cards. I kinda forgot how relaxing it is. I love making things but I also love making cards for a cause. In an unfortunate turn of events, someone in my family has been diagnosed with cancer and this has really driven me to do something about this horrible disease. 

What do I plan on doing you ask?

Well, if you purchase a just darlin' card or other crafty thing, 25% of your purchase will go to my church's Relay for Life team. I know that it doesn't sound like a lot but every little bit helps. It seems that more and more people are getting diagnosed with cancer these days and I know everyone will agree with me when I say that this disease MUST be stopped. 

Everyone who has been touched by cancer will appreciate your support. 

Please visit my Facebook page for purchasing.

These are the cards that I made last night while my hubby watched the NHL Playoffs. Ummm....Go Caps? I love hockey. Can't you tell?


I made this card with on of my newest stamps I bought at Michael's for $3.99. You can't beat a stamp for that. I don't pay an outrageous amount of money for stamps. Yes. I am cheap. I'm okay with that. 

I am in love with washi tape. I got these tapes at Walmart for .97 cents a piece and the stamp for $1.00 at Michael's. Ohhhhhh yeahhhhhh. 

I hope you like the cards that I've posted and I hope you have a great Thursday night. Don't forget that tomorrow is Simply Smash*ing Friday Issue No. 3. Stay tuned. 

....until next time....

-Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave love and feedback. If you have something nice to say, say it here. If you don't, go somewhere else.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...