Background

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Last Week's Leftovers

Hello! people of the blogosphere! It's early Saturday morning here in Virginia and I am in front of the computer trying to print off a document to smash in my Smash* journal. I thought it would be fairly simple. You know a few clicks here and there and voila! That's how it's supposed to work.

No. 

Apparently, the printer had other things in mind this morning and decided to print only two pages of the three page document as well as printing it out completely unaligned. Oh yeah, it also decided not to print at all. 

I thought technology was supposed to benefit us but sometimes I think it just sets us back. Kids aren't even learning cursive in school anymore! Pretty soon, our brains are just going to turn to mush like last weeks leftovers and we won't be able to think for ourselves. 

I'm the first to admit that I am on the computer all the time. It's my job, it feeds my crafting obsession and I can rent a RedBox movie at the snap of my fingers. So, don't feel bad because my brain will also turn to mush like last weeks leftovers. 

Rant over.

I missed an issue of Simply Smashing Friday. Last night didn't really go as planned because life decided to throw a curveball and I didn't really have it in me to write something worth reading. I hope someone out there reads what I write and I'm not just wasting my time which I think is the case most of the time. Prove me wrong, people!

So, tonight I will be working on my Smash* journal. I'm pretty excited about it. I just added some new things to Smash* about like 2 seconds ago. I stole some of the 30 Days of Lists prompts. I wanted to join but it's too late and I'm cheap and not paying $8.00 to do that. Stupid. I really need to start carrying a small notepad with me at all times. Crap! I already do that. Why do I never write anything down?

Smash*ing Prompts
1. 10 years ago I was...
2. 5 years ago I was...
3. 1 year ago I was...
4. Note to my future self
5. Overheard (this one is gonna be fun...I love listening to people's conversations. So, if you think that's creepy then so be it but don't act like you don't do it.)
6. If I could do it over again
7. If someone had to pack a care package for me
8. What I would do with an extra hour in the day
9. Favorite memories
10. Favorite days of the year
11. Pet peeves
12. Bad habits
13. Quotations
14. Books

I hope everyone is getting ready to enjoy their Saturday and if you are on the other side of the world, I hope you enjoyed your Saturday!

...until next time...

-Sam





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave love and feedback. If you have something nice to say, say it here. If you don't, go somewhere else.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...